Complying with current EN 60825-1, EN 60825-2, EN 60825-14, EN 207,
EN 208 and IEC or BS equivalent standards, LaserBee provides a
user-friendly and informative way of reliably calculating laser safety
filter requirements and compiling your laser classification database.
Dealing with CW, single pulse or repetitively pulsed freespace lasers
or fibre-optic sources, LaserBee references the appropriate European
laser safety standards and calculates;
- Accessible Emission Limits (AEL)
- Maximum Permissible Exposures (MPE)
- Nominal Ocular Hazard Distance (NOHD)
- Extended Nominal Ocular Hazard Distance (ENOHD)
- Laser Classifications
- Scale numbers required for Eye Protectors (EN 207) and Alignment
Goggles (EN 208) (Displays results based on either 1999 or 2009
- MPE based optical density calculations
- Beam geometry and radiometric calculations
- Extended source calculations of AELs, MPEs and NOHDs
Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8, as well as Mac and Linux,
LaserBee boasts a friendly and approachable interface to new users and
experts alike. The familiar ‘honeycomb’ design gives the
background information required for a good understanding of laser safety
issues, whilst the new interface keeps your laser parameters clearly
in view while navigating between different tasks using the
intuitive, simple tabbed-pane.
LaserBee features a task-specific help panel explaining how to
perform tasks and a one-click report generator to produce on-screen
printable reports and calculation summaries which can be viewed and
saved into a word processing program if required. Illustrations and
graphs are used to help, explain and guide the user through the laser
safety process and LaserBee also offers the user explanations of its
Continually evolving with added functionality and ease of use enhancements, the latest version of LaserBee now features;
- Input boxes, radio buttons etc. have ‘tool tips’ giving specific help for that component.
- An easy-to-use laser database facility, using a comma
separated values format (.csv) file, compatible with most database
programs such as Access or Excel etc.
- Improved access to calculation parameters with added
‘explanation’ panels that give specific details of calculations with
parameters such as CF5, T1 etc. clearly listed for comparison with the
- Selection of the type of divergence calculation (linear or Gaussian Beam)
- Gaussian Beam calculations, mW to dBm interconversions etc.
- User selection of the default angular units, default divergence calculation type, etc.
- Adaptive Computation Entry allowing calculation of pulse energy, pulse rate or average power.
for a video showing a short overview of LaserBee’s functionality, or
contact us to purchase LaserBee Laser Safety software or upgrade to the