Drive ±2.5, 10 or 10A of TEC or RH current - model dependent
Single supply operation: +5 to +30 V
Small package: 3.0" x 3.2" x 1.1"
Remote enable input
Linear Stability: 0.0012°C
Selectable sensor bias current
Adjustable Current Limit
PI Control with "Smart Integrator"
Failsafe Setpoint default for D/A
VERSATILE AND EASY TO USE
PTC-CH controllers are available in different models so you can choose the one that best suits your application:
- PTC-2.5K-CH delivers up to ±2.5 A output current
- PTC5K-CH for applications requiring up to ±5 A
- PTC10K-CH drives up to ±10 A
- PTC-10K-SL can be tied to the 10 A driver to deliver a combined ±20 A output current
The PTC-CH controllers operate from a single power supply between 4.5 V and 30 V. The linear bipolar controller drives a Peltier thermoelectric cooler or a resistive heater, and the chassis-mount package integrates easily into OEM applications.
PTC-CH controllers interface with a variety of temperature sensors, and the bias current is adjustable in order to maximize controller sensitivity and stability for your application.
The compact chassis-mount design simplifies heatsinking and requires minimal space. PTC-CH controllers are quick to configure for your prototype project, and there are no surprises when it’s time to integrate the controller into the final design.
Remote computer control is available using the USB KIT, which also allows graphing and datalogging.
If you are using a Quantum Cascade Laser or need low noise performance with a laser diode, we offer the PTC-CH nested in the QCL OEM drivers.
PRACTICAL FEATURES FOR REAL-WORLD CONDITIONS
Built-in features make your product more robust to real-world operating conditions and minimize your electronics overhead:
- If the optional remote temperature setpoint signal is lost, the controller defaults to a standard “safe” temperature setpoint (25ºC when a 10 kΩ thermistor is used). The safe temperature can be changed at the factory; call for details.
- An on-board trimpot is used to set the output current limit to prevent over-driving the TEC, and helps protect your load from thermal runaway situations.
- Proportional gain is easily adjusted with an on-board trimpot.
- Low temperature coefficient design remains stable across a wide range of ambient conditions.
When used with Wavelength’s laser drivers, such as the PLD Series, these temperature controllers provide stable and reliable performance that sets your system apart from your competitors’ and keeps your customers satisfied